The world is but a canvas to the imagination.~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dreams...Blowing in the Wind

Blowin' in the Wind...Bob Dylan, Dream a Little Dream of Me...the Mama's and Papa's...why do I always get a tune in my head when I type here?
I think this is a dreamy card. I picture a woman on a hill (like Scarlet O'Hara in Gone With the Wind), hair and ribbons blowing, dreaming of someday, somewhere (oh no!...Somewhere, Out There...An Amercan Tale...remember that movie? Maybe I am having TV withdrawal...too much time on the 'puter, maybe?)
Anyway...I used a paper folding technique I saw on DIY with Anna Griffin. Here is the link: http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/sc_techniques/article/0,2025,DIY_14232_2351794,00.html

The buttons and word, "dream" are from SeeD stamp sets I have. The lace is from Crafty Secrets Kitchen Classics again...love those stamps!

The ribbon is held in place with monoadhesive and a glue dot for the bow. I distressed, as always.

This is my card for the Buttons and Bows challenge as SCS Crafty Secrets Challenge every Tuesday. If you like Vintage, why not join in?
~Bev



3 comments:

Darlene said...

This card is super awesome!!! I finally got a chance to get here to your blog and check out the other photos and I am SO glad I did!! I always forget about that "lace stamp" and it looks perfect here ... thanks for the reminder and inspiration!! You are doing such a great job on these challenges ... LOVE seeing what you come up with ... I like how we've been inspiring each other on this challenge!!! Keep up the great work Bev ... looking forward to this weeks "work of art"!

Angelnorth said...

Nice to see the close up of the ribbon and the pleating! This turned out great Bev, it does have that dreamy quality, you're right!

Heather said...

Gorgeous! Wonderful ribbon treatment! Love the way the tails swirl down the card! Great card and love the colors!