The world is but a canvas to the imagination.~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Vintage Roses A Color Challenge

It was Valentine's Day. George surprised me with a bouquet of beautiful yellow roses, edged in pink. I love roses...who doesn't? The only problem was, we were leaving for Florida the very next morning.


I usually dry a single rose from each bouquet, but this time I took the whole bouquet, tied twine around it and hung it in the basement. When we returned a week later, the colors were even more vibrant than when they were fresh!
So this is the challenge...Look through your inks and find the most vibrant colors to represent what you see here...or play up the palest ones. I don't care, as long as you are happy with your result. I will post all the entries here. As a lover of vintage, these roses should translate to a card beautifully, but the colors would do well with any style.
Take time to smell the roses, and don't forget to end your week with a BLAST!
~Bev

2 comments:

Darlene said...

These roses are gorgeous even in this dried state! They must have been spectacular when fresh!! What a sweet hubby you have!! I'll play later and see what I can come up with ... thanks!

Darlene said...

Thanks Bev for inviting me to play. I immediately knew what paper I wanted to use then it was just figuring out what to put with it. This week's technique challenge over at SCS was put on by a friend of mine (bensarmom) and it is "chalk pouncing". It was so much fun, I decided to use it again for your card. I'm very happy with the outcome ... hope you like it too!!! Here you go: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/967319?cat=500&ppuser=95678