The world is but a canvas to the imagination.~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Second Post Today...

I am playing catch-up today...this card is for two challenges: Crafty Secrets' Vintage Black challenge CSSC24, and Heather Rolin's layout challenge on her blog... HMSC2. (see last post for a link to her website)


I just love to play with realistic images, and recreate scenarios on cards. This one was too much fun! I heat curled the ribbon with my heat tool, and curled the stamps, too!

If you look at some of my past posts, like the windblown blouse, or the wallpaper card, you will see the lacey border stamp.

For this card, I trimmed away some of the extra acrylic on the stamp, and adhered the image to the block on a curve, so I could make these plates. I used my empressor stylus to make the plate indentations.

I just ordered three more sets of Crafty Secrets stamps...it's about time, too

~Bev

2 comments:

Darlene said...

I am sitting here in total AWE of this card! It is just sheer genius! I'm going to have to practice doing this "plate" ... it just looks so awesome and I know my Mom would love this!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration to try new things... I think I've been in a rut lately ... don't feel like my cards are up to par with everyone elses. Keep up the GREAT work ... you inspire me!!! Thanks

Julia Aston said...

Love your layered dishes and two forks! so very cle-vah in design!!