The world is but a canvas to the imagination.~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to my George

George is my hero...this card is for him. We will be moving to Florida to retire, by the end of the summer. This is a BIG birthday!
I used Crafty Secrets Layout Challenge for this week: CSSC25. I finally got some new stamps sets! OH! This layout is also special because Darlene used it to make a card for the last challenge, and then Pammyjo used it to honor Darlene on her birthday which was also this week...Happy Birthday to you, Darlene!

One thing I seem to always do on chalked images when using vintage stamps...I erase some of the chalk to give the image a shadow.
I used two of my newly purchased CS sets: Hardware, and Card Sentiments. The paper is from Leisure Arts (Elements) and Karen Foster Designs (Old Script) The black cs is really cool...it's called Core'dinations. The core of every sheet of black cs is a color. This one is beige. I sanded it to bring out the core. Not all their cs is black, this series is called, Black Magic.

I discovered something cool when I sanded the edges of my focal point square...the inked edges sand away, leaving the edge looking torn and really vintage. I was so excited to see an inked edge to that...I have done it with white core cs before, but never this! I also sanded the brads and melted the ribbon.
The lock and key represent my heart, and that George holds the key...so romantic...

I love Crafty Secrets stamp images. I guess I really am a romantic at heart!

~Bev

4 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW ... thanks for all the added information on this card! There are so many really neat added features, like the sanded brads (cool idea), the core paper, and that ribbon is gorgeous ... so soft and romantic! I picked up on the lock/key thought (very sweet) and really added a nice personal touch!! SO awesome ... just love it!!! Oh yea, thanks for mentioning me!! (you're going to make my head swell)

Angelnorth said...

Lovely card, I really must try the erasing chalk round the image trick, it looks great! The black card stock is neat too, perfect for a shabby vintage look like this. hope George enjoys a wonderful birthday!

Julia Aston said...

Congrats on retiring and moving to FL! what a lovely card for your DH - love the colors and sanded edges!

Cathy Rulli said...

Hi Bev - thanks for checking out my bio!! I live in Newtown...my brother and his family live in Newington!! Small world!