The world is but a canvas to the imagination.~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Girly Grad Card

We received the cutest invitation to a graduation party. It was pink and black, with a ruffled edge. It was made by the graduate, with the help of the computer. I thought it would be fun for her to get a card in the same colors with some similar design elements, so I made this card for Kari...
I had purchased Reminisce's "Salt and Pepper" paper for scrapbooking. I haven't scrapbooked in months! I pulled out the paper that I bought last February when I was on vacation, and found treasures! (You will see them in the bird song card that follows, and I will be using them in upcoming cards for sure!) The other side of this black with white dots is white with black dots...distressed, too. I love the way the k came out. I covered the chipboard with pink paper and then sanded the edges...time consuming but worth it. The dazzling diamonds are held in place with heat and stick powder. I used my slit punch to do the bottom edge.
I know it looks like this didn't take much time, but I take hours to make a card. It is very theraputic. This one's for you, Kari! May all your dreams come true!

~Bev

2 comments:

katemeri said...

Hi - I love this card that I first saw on SplitCoastStampers! It has all my favorites: pink, polkadots, ribbon and scallops. I am sure she will love it!

Kate in Costa Rica

Darlene said...

GREAT idea Bev! She's going to love this!!! How cute ... way to go!!!