The world is but a canvas to the imagination.~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Remember Mother's Day

It's the Worst Day to Eat Out...but Who Cares?

This year George took me to the Log Jam in Lake George. The food was OK, but I got a free geranium! Free is good!

(I have to apologize for the dates on my pictures. I will figure out how to get rid of them...it can't be that hard!)

This card is for a couple of challenges at SCS...CSSC20: Crafty Secrets Calendar Challenge, and SC180, the Wednesday Layout Challenge.




I used Crafty Kitchen Classics set and the Remember is from SeeD's Aged and Elegant set.

I used my empressor tool to make faux wainscoating...love doing that.

Another thing I love doing is creating cardstock that looks sort of like vintage fabric designs.

I use small stamp images and lots of chalk. My chalk eraser is used to make clean areas around images, which is something one would see in vintage fabrics. I have not mastered this technique, but it's fun learning.

I added some waxed flax and tiny beads that I picked up at Walmart, because the card needed something. I am pretty happy with it.

On to the next challenge!

Love those Crafty Secrets Stamps!








Here is the complete card. Can you feel mother's love? Can you taste the apple pie and coffee?
Remember...be kind to your mother~

Bev

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Thanks for pointing out and explaining the details of this card ... some really great techniques here and I'm going to try each and every one of them! TFS You did a fabulous job on the layout and yes ... I can smell the coffee and warm apple pie ... yummm! Thanks Bev ... keep 'em coming ... you make awesome cards!!

Angelnorth said...

Great effect with erasing the chalk around the images on the 'fabric' panel! Love the wainscoting too!