The world is but a canvas to the imagination.~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Vintage Polka Dot Kids



I am so glad I had a chance to use my new circle punches. This card is for the Crafty Secrets CSSC19 challenge. And what a challenge for me! You should have seen my table top! What a mess...then, I suddenly remembered I have a vintage apron!

Soooo, I ran down to my daycare and scrambled through the dress-up clothes in the old picnic basket. Found it!


A circle punched background distressed with sandpaper...


Distressed CTMH Cranberry cs card...


Crafty Secrets Kitchen Classics stamps...when I was a kid I was told I looked like a Campbells Soup Kid...that's me on the right.


SU chalks, and dry embossed dots done with their brass template, and distressed with sandpaper...


Rickrack done with edgers...very carefully! And distressed with, you guessed it...sandpaper!


the B's are from an old set of CTMH alphabet stamps.


I am hooked on acrylics. I have enough trouble seeing what I am doing. After age 40 my eyes couldn't even see the name on my lipstick.




I have some very special work to do today. It's a secret right now, but in time I will share with you all what I am up to! (Yes, it has to do with paper crafting.)




Any guesses??






3 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW ... I had NO idea just how much work you had put into this adorable card! You go girl!!! I'll have to keep this little, circle bg idea in mind myself!! GREAT card and don't you just LOVE those kids!!! Keep 'em coming!!
This is my first visit to your blog ... awesome ... I will be back!

Heather said...

LOVE that vintage look! So wow!

LeAnne said...

This is VERY cute, love those little kids and all the elements of your card!
LeAnne