The world is but a canvas to the imagination.~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, September 12, 2008

A Little Cottage is Always Very Snug...


You would be surprised how different it is, to take a stamp image you yourself designed and turn it into a card...

This card began as a whole scene, then I actually cut off the beautiful sky I chalked and turned it into this oval window. I love the feel of looking into a frame like this. It makes me feel like there's a world in there (think I said that a couple of cards ago...).

The background is stamped with little stamps from this set, which is called, Old English. The accessories (fence, tree, path and many more) are from the accessories set is sold separately.

This cottage reminds me of a cookie house. And speaking of cookies, I just got a job decorating cakes at the local WalMart! Hmmm...maybe I will get inspired and do a cake set...not that THAT hasn't been done before!

~Bev

7 comments:

Darlene said...

This is sooooo cute!! Congrats my friend .. your stamps look great!! Hope you are having fun with it!! If you get the chance, check out my blog www.darscraftycreations.blogspot.com ... some exciting news there that I wanted to share with you!! Keep up the good work with your new line of stamps!!!

Heather said...

Bev, this is just absolutely amazing! Stunning stunning details, scene, layout, etc...everything is perfectly crafted! Love it!

Kay said...

I LOVE your work! These stamps are beautiful and I'm glad I discovered your blog. You are now in my favorites list.

Debbie Corbari said...

Bev, this card is beautiful! Your stamps are beautiful! Congrats on the cake decorating job! I've always wanted to open a bakery....!

Liane said...

I am so glad Linda hooked me up with your blog! I miss you. Sounds like you are doing great. Love your work!

Neva said...

Bev this is just gorgeous, love this pink cottage.
A blog hop is where you start at one blog and complete a task before going onto the next blog and end up going through everyone's blog involved before getting to the end. Kind of like leap frog.

nancyruth said...

Oh how I love this in thw soft colors, it is so very sweet! Great set you designed and thank you for the inspiration that you gave me.